Midterm grades are due tomorrow as we look ahead to Fall Family Weekend and yet another beautiful stretch of weather. As we prepare for the weekend, we want to share with our families a complete guide to the weekend's festivities and a few pieces of advice. Read more below!
A Few Pieces of Advice
Be sure to take time to do the following over the course of the weekend:
- CELEBRATE all the good happening in your child's life and on campus.
- LISTEN first, and then work with teachers and Learning Specialists to plan and strategize how to support your child in his or her educational journey.
- CONNECT with other parents during the weekend to learn from their Proctor experience and to share your journey with them. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities still available if you are so inclined (click here!).
With countless activities going on all weekend beginning with Thursday's golf tournament (register to play golf here), each family’s schedule will be unique to their child and his or her afternoon activity. For a general schedule for the weekend including registration times, meal times, and events offered on campus, click the link below!
Most of our parents have registered online for Fall Family Weekend, but if you have not yet done so, CLICK HERE. Once on campus, be sure to check-in at Maxwell Savage Hall to receive your personalized schedule and to have the opportunity to ask any other questions you might have about the weekend.
Teacher conferences are held Friday afternoon and Saturday morning (parents should register in your myProctor Parent Portal under the Pick-A-Time link). We often get questions from parents about whether or not their child should attend with them. While students are not required to attend, their presence often enhances conversations and helps to identify opportunities for continued growth. We want to ensure students are engaged in all facets of the learning process, including offering constructive feedback on their effort and performance during conferences. Printed conference schedules will be available on campus at the registration desk in Maxwell Savage Hall. A reminder, sign-ups for conferences closes by 12:00 noon on Thursday, October 19.
The forecast for this weekend could not get much better (70s and sunny, anyone?), and have a full slate of home games scheduled for Friday and Saturday. Be sure to check Proctor’s athletics website for all schedule changes that may occur last minute. Our Technology Team under the guidance of Jim Cox will be working to livestream all home contests over the weekend, so be sure to check out our Livestream page (link below) for a complete listing of games and broadcast links.
- Girls' Varsity Soccer vs Kimball Union Academy 6:00 PM
- JV2 Boys Soccer vs Kimball Union Academy 2:30 PM
- JV Girls Soccer vs Kimball Union Academy 2:30 PM
- JV1 Boys Soccer vs Brewster Academy 3:00 PM
- Varsity Boys Soccer vs Brewster Academy 3:00 PM
- Varsity Field Hockey vs Brewster Academy 3:00 PM
- *Varsity Football at Hyde School (ME) 2:00 pm