Fall Family Weekend 2018 kicks off with the 28th Annual Proctor Invitational Golf Tournament at Lake Sunapee Country Club Thursday morning, followed by an open house at Mike and Betsy’s home on Thursday evening. On Friday, parents are invited to attend two classes followed by all-school assembly, athletic practices, tours of the construction project at the Farrell Field House, and Parent/Teacher conferences before a few Friday afternoon games. Saturday morning Parent/Teacher conferences and athletic contests round out the weekend. Parents, click below for a complete schedule for Fall Family Weekend and read on for advice on how we believe you can get the most out of the weekend ahead.
As any boarding school student, teacher, or parent knows, life operates at a breakneck pace during the academic year. Classes flow into assemblies, meals, afternoon activities and athletics, study halls, and dorm meetings. Often, we find ourselves deeply immersed in the 'moment', whatever that moment may be, and need to elevate out of the weeds to look objectively at the growth that is taking place before our very eyes.
We believe the most productive time spent during Fall Family Weekend occurs during parent/teacher conferences. Even though most students will attempt to find an excuse, we find student attendance at these conferences elevates the conversation and empowers the student to self-advocate and discuss the successes (and challenges) they are encountering academically. Our advice to you, as parents, is to enter each of your child’s conferences with the perspective that we, teachers and parents together, are working to move students along a growth continuum in all areas of student life at Proctor. If your child has had a perfectly smooth ride through Proctor, we are missing an opportunity to push them just a little bit further outside their comfort zone!
As you plan your weekend on campus, be sure take advantage of the following additional opportunities to get to know the Proctor community. Get the most out of your time on campus!
- 11:00 am - Hike to Proctor Cabin with Anne and Mat Rowley P’19
- 11:30 am - 28th Proctor Invitational Golf Tournament
- 2:00 pm - Parent Book Club - Fowler Learning Center
- 6:30 pm - Parent Reception - Head of School’s House
- 8:00 - 10:00 am - Bluebird Bakery Food Truck outside Wise Center - Patty Pond
- 11:00 am - All Family Meeting with Mike Henriques
- 11:30 am - Dance Exhibition
- 1:00 pm - Off-Campus Program Information Session - Wise Center
- 7:45 pm - Parent Social at Yarrow’s Lodge with Nick’s Other Band
- 9:00 am - Pack the Magic - preparing dorm goodie bags with PAPA
- 9:30 am - College Counseling Workshop
We know last minute questions and schedule changes are inevitable. Here are the people you should reach out to if issues arise:
- Parent/Teacher Conference Questions = Morgan Wilson | Assistant to the Academic Dean
- Event specific questions and volunteer information = Debbie Krebs | Events Coordinator
- Travel issues = Administrator on Duty Cell Phone
- Anything else that arises = Your student’s advisor